Sunday, November 16, 2008

Six and Four

I said a few days before the start of the season that if the Blazer's could finish off their brutal opening schedule somewhere near .500 (I was talking under) that we could view this as a potentially great season. Ten games in and the Blazer's are 6-4, with all four losses coming against teams with "Championship" on their minds, not "Playoffs"

L*kers
Suns
J*zz
Hornets

Not too shabby...


I loved what Roy had to say: "I've been telling people once he gets healthy and gets his confidence, this dude is going to be a force," said Brandon Roy, who had 24 points and six assists. "And I still think he is giving people just a taste of what he is going to do. I mean, he's good man. People just have to continue to be patient."

Again:
"People just have to continue to be patient."

Hear that all you fair-weather fans? Not that I think many of them read my blog, but I'll put it out there nonetheless. Greg still isn't old enough to drink, and I couldn't believe all the people who called him both injury prone (he stepped on Fisher's foot, it could happen to anyone) and a bust (big men traditionally take longer to adjust to the NBA game) That having been said, Oden has always played with a great NBA skill set, unlike most of the bust centers in the league who are forced into trying to do the things Oden alreafy does well: hold his ground, bail out his guards when they get beat off the dribble, and man up in the low-post.

Nate looks like he's settling on a consistent rotation, which is great considering the Lineup Two-Step he has been forced to do the last few seasons. I don't consider either McMillan or Brandon to be off-limits to criticism, but I haven't found much of anything to complain about. The win was McMillan's 100th as Blazers coach, so counting the six this season and the 41 last year, almost half have come in the last year +. Not too shabby coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment