Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Last breath before the Plunge

I do realize that, while I do try for some measure of objectivity on my Blog, it's rather clear that I'm going to be biased. That having been said I realized that I had been falling into some rather easy fan-traps. For instance, my assertation in the last post where I said that Greg Odens arrival would mean fewer Double Teams on Aldridge, and I had to re-think it. Here goes.

With the arrival of any center with mobility, especially one like Oden with size, that instantly presents matchup problems for most teams. I will modify the original statement: This year, with Oden on the block, Aldridge should be freed up inside because opposing centers will have to focus on Oden and Pryzbilla. The double-teams he will be facing will likely come from the wing, a guard or the small forward coming over to help out will pressure the ball directly, and create a different kind of problem for Aldridge. That having been said, LaMarcus is the anti-Zach Randolph. I actually found myself yelling into my television for LMA to "DON'T PASS IT!!! SHOOT IT YOU FOOL." Anyone EVER remember saying that to Puddin'? Aldridge is almost too quick to kick the ball back out, a welcome 'problem' to be sure since teams can't just absolutely collapse inside knowing the bad shot and easy rebound is coming. Aldridge will get pressured, no doubt, but if the shooters have improved like they should have over the summer the Blazers will be VERY difficult to stop.



I got an idea for the Knicks marketing slogan: "Zach Randolph, where your Offense goes to die"

No comments:

Post a Comment