Monday, September 1, 2008

Outlaw's Time, Oden's Cry, Efficiency

I liked the Outlaw expo the Oregonian ran today. Outlaw has always been one of my favorite players, and probably one of the most frustrating at times. He worries about "getting his shots" in the second unit, and that might be true, if he's only gonna take those jumpers. Don't get me wrong... when he's on, it's deadly, but I could see him thriving in the reserve unit by simply being the guy Bayless and Rudy can lob to for the alley-oop. With his jump, not only can he elevate over anyone for his shot, he can elevate over everyone for the dunk too. If he can consistenly crash the glass for both boards and lobs, he'll be in the starting unit.

Oden, my man, please stop screaming like that every time you come down from a dunk. It scares me because I won't know when you do it because it hurts. I can't take the pressure... the walls are closing in!!! Oxygen! Oxygen!!!

The Blazers are assembling a group of some of the most efficient scorers in the league. Roy takes smart shots, and shoots a mind-boggling (for a second-year guard) 45.4%. Stretch the Magic Forward (Aldridge) meanwhile shot a blistering 48.4%. Remember in 07, Zach scored 42 points against the Grizzlies... on 40 shots. Not efficient. LaMarcus Aldridge on New Years Eve last season scored 36 points on just 17 shots. I'll take that any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment